Job Summary: To lead the teams to consistently meet the needs of their customers, as well as the needs of the business and the individuals on the teams, while helping the teams build their capability, flexibility, and potential over time.
1. Safety [NOTE: Safety is always the top priority and will always require as much time as needed in order to ensure a safe work environment a. Support BBS, ASA, and other Shaw Safety Programs b. Complete Incident Reports and Investigations c. Insure Safe Operation of Teams and Associates
2. Team Development a. Develop/Lead Teams continuously guiding them through the Team Development Cycle so that they demonstrate the Ideal Team Behaviors (see appendix) b. Prepare for and Facilitate Targeted Team Meetings c. Manage team staffing levels and skills (e.g., Ideal Skills Mix, Individual Development Plans, and Skill Blocks) d. Assess Training Needs and Conduct needed Training
3. Process Management a. Ensure the Safety, Quality and Production of the Team b. Review Production Schedule and Work with Scheduling Personnel to Prioritize Orders c. Ensure Equipment Utilization and Upkeep d. Conduct Departmental and Team Audits for Safety, Quality, and Production e. Serve on Project Teams such as Six Sigma, Lean and Kaizens.
4. Individual Development & Accountability a. Coach and Conduct One-to-One’s with All Team Members b. Communicate and Uphold Plant and Company Policies and Procedures c. Conduct Counseling and Disciplinary Actions d. Address any Team/Individual Issues on Shift e. Maintain Open Door Policy
5. Administration a. Serve as the Communication Bridge Between Management and the Floor b. Communicate Team Problems and Opportunities c. Generate Team and Process Reports d. Manage Team Vacation, and Attendance e. Participate in the Associate Hiring Process f. Understand and Support all SAFE, SMS, TPM, Lean Six Sigma, and Environmental efforts.
1. Bachelor Degree or above 2. Willing and Able to Speak in Front of Large Groups of People 3. Strong Written and Oral Communication Skills 4 Experience Managing Others 5. Knowledge or Manufacturing and/or Carpet Manufacturing 6. Work Overtime, Other Shifts and Weekends as Needed